|To create a route with two points (start and end):
1) Enter an address in the “Starting Address:” field at the top of the page and select the “Click to Set” button. Alternatively, you can click once anywhere on the map to place the starting point marker.
2) Enter an address in the “Ending Address:” field at the top of the page and select the “Click to Set” button. Alternatively, you can click a second time anywhere on the map to place your end point or destination marker.
3) Select the “Calculate Directions” button at the top center of the webpage.
4) Your detailed route information with will appear in the side panel to the left of the map window under the “Route” heading with estimated travel time and distance displayed in green text.
||Marker descriptions and icons:
1) Left click on any map marker to open up the marker customization window. You can assign detailed information to any marker on the map using this method.
2) The first option in the window allows you to change from the default marker icon to a specific location icon (gas station, restaurant, rest stop, campground, etc.) there are 20 different location specific icons to choose from.
3) The second option in the window allows you to set a title or location name for the specific marker.
4) The third option in the window allows you to write a short description for the location, (great beer, scenic view, great service, my house, etc.)
5) Click on the “X” in the upper right corner of the window to save the information you just entered and to close the window.
6) Now when you move the mouse cursor over the marker icon the newly added title and description will appear in a pop-up window.
7) *NOTE* You must save your map using the steps below otherwise any custom icon information you set will be lost when you leave the map page.
||Saving your Map:
1) Make sure you enter a name for your map in the “Map Name:” field above the top center of the map window.
2) To save your map select the “Save Map” button above the right top corner of the map window.
3) A new window will appear titled “Save Your Map!”
4) After you enter a description of your map, use the “Privacy” drop-down menu to select one of three options:
a) Public – Select this if you want your map to be available for viewing to everyone.
b) Friends – Select this option if you want your map to be available for viewing only to your MTA (Motorcycle Travel America) friends
c) Private – Select this option if you want to keep the route for yourself only.
5) Select the “Save” button at the bottom of the window.
6) A new window will appear titled “Your map has been saved! At this point you can either close the window or you can select the “Share it with your friends!” link in red.
7) If you select to share the map with your friends a new window will appear titled “Share Your Map with Friends” where you can check the box next to which friends you want to share your map with. You can enter your own personal message or use the default message. Finally, click the “send” button at the bottom of the window to send a personal message to your friends’ MTA (Motorcycle Travel America) inbox